Re: [alpine-devel] a release engineering team?

From: Lucas Ramage <oxr463_at_gmx.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 05:11:12 +0100
> I would like to form a release engineering (releng) team, who gets the
> responsibility to figure out how and when to do releases, and to
> document this process

I am also interested in helping with this, particularly the documentation
portion. What was the final descision made regarding the wiki? If I recall
correctly, there was a thread awhile back about moving the existing documentation
to somewhere else.

> - keep release data in separate repository

Perhaps we could keep the documentation in this repository and generate
it via static site generator e.g sphinx, mkdocs, etc.

> Would you consider managing the issues and PRs together on GitHub? If no,
> we could consider moving to Gerrit to fully isolate ourselves.

As a package maintainer who submits patches via the mailing list, I am not in favor of this.

> Also selfishly I'd love to see an official AMI / other cloud images. Full disclosure I'm building
> a k8s distribution that uses Alpine as a base.

How would cloud images differ from the virtual or mini rootfs images already provided?

Lucas Ramage / Software Engineer
ramage.lucas_at_protonmail.com / (941) 404-6794

PGP Fingerprint
EAE7 45DF 818D 4948 DDA7 0F44 F52A 5A96 7B9B 6FB7

Visit online journal
http://lramage94.gitlab.io