~alpine/devel

Re: [alpine-devel] a release engineering team?

<20181204175841.79296727@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw>
On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 05:11:12 +0100
"Lucas Ramage" <oxr463@gmx.us> wrote:

> > I would like to form a release engineering (releng) team, who gets the
> > responsibility to figure out how and when to do releases, and to
> > document this process
>
> I am also interested in helping with this, particularly the documentation
> portion. What was the final descision made regarding the wiki? If I recall
> correctly, there was a thread awhile back about moving the existing documentation
> to somewhere else.

Yes, we want move official documentation to a separate platform. It
seems like we want go for asciidoc. This has been discussed on IRC,
#alpine-docs on Freenode. Feel free to join there.

> > - keep release data in separate repository
>
> Perhaps we could keep the documentation in this repository and
> generate it via static site generator e.g sphinx, mkdocs, etc.

or antora

> > Would you consider managing the issues and PRs together on GitHub? If no,
> > we could consider moving to Gerrit to fully isolate ourselves.
>
> As a package maintainer who submits patches via the mailing list, I am not in favor of this.

We probably need support both.