Re: [alpine-devel] abuild infinite loop

From: Andrew Bell <andrew.bell.ia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:20:44 -0500

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 12:34 PM A. Wilcox <awilfox_at_adelielinux.org> wrote:

> On 01/09/19 11:02, Andrew Bell wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to build a package using "abuild -r", but it seems to run
> > configure on the package in an infinite loop. Does anyone have an idea
> > on why this would occur?
>

> Without seeing the APKBUILD it's not easy to tell. Please post it.
>
> Perhaps something or somewhere in the configure script is calling
> 'build'; since that's the shell function that calls ./configure, that
> might cause issues.

I'm not well-versed in autoconf, but it seems there must be some
interaction between abuild and the configure script, as you suggest. When
I run ./configure with the same options as in the APKBUILD file directly
from the command line in $srcdir everything works. Currently, after
running "configure", "config.status" is run and then "config.status
--recheck" (and again and again...).

Thanks for your help. I'll trace it through.

P.S. - Are there published rules that one needs to follow when using
autoconf with abuild?

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia_at_gmail.com