Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine 3.9.0 Release Candidate 1 is out

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen_at_sdaoden.eu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 15:01:04 +0100

Natanael Copa wrote in <20190111093627.6802a4dc_at_ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw>:
 |On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 04:18:29 -0200
 |Alba Pompeo <albapompeo_at_gmail.com> wrote:
 |> No Chromium and no Firefox for ARM.
 |> Is there another browser available? Or plans to add chromium/firefox
 |> binaries to all arches?
 |
 |firefox depends on rust, which is non-trivial to port to new arches.
 |Work is in progress, but we won't manage to fix rust before 3.9.
 |
 |chromium is sort of broken
 |https://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/9808

It really has a lot of problems with scripts which run wild and
block the entire thing. I see a lot of these "ew something"
pages, completely new experience. The good thing is that if you
manage to get the tab closed, ... you can start anew!
And typing in the address bar is sloooow here now (sheer power may
overcome that).
Other than that it is my browser, and i am still using -r1.

 |but we will probably be able to get a chromium build for arm soonish.
 |But I have no clue if it will work or not.

--steffen