[alpine-devel] seeking advice of build automation and keeping git synced

From: <scrumpyjack_at_st.ilet.to>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 10:26:58 +0000

hi folks.

I'm attempting to automate my builds of packages, using gitea+drone

Here is a sample build for xeyes

https://gogs.bigyellowfish.com/scrumpyjack/xeyes

The pipeline goes as follows.
When stuff gets pushedi to the above repo, a githook triggers the drone
build.
Drone uses docker images as a starting point, alpine:edge in this case,
and you can see the build steps in .drone.yml.
The last bit formats a patch, which cna be sent to the aports mailing
list.

What I'm struggling with is how to keep that xeyes repo in sync with
https://git.alpinelinux.org/aports/tree/community/xeyes
so that changes anyone else makes get applied to my local xeyes repo.

Anyone with better git skills than me have any advice?

Perhaps there is a better way of doing this (i'd like to stick with
drone though)?

--
Not sent from a tablet or smartphone.