Re: [alpine-devel] seeking advice of build automation and keeping git synced

From: <scrumpyjack_at_st.ilet.to>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 08:59:53 +0000

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 08:39:18PM -0500, Robert Hencke wrote:

>If I understand correctly, what you want is a process that takes the latest
>work from your repository, combines it with the latest work on xeyes in
>sports, and builds the result?

hi Robert, thanks for asking. Here is a better description:

I make changes to my local xeyes repo, and drone builds the package when I
push the changes. A patch gets created on successfull build and gets emailed
to alpine-aports.

The patch then gets applied to xeyes in the aports tree

At this point both xeyes are identical.

But if you, Robert, modify the xeyes package in the aports tree, i need a way
to pull those changes into my local xeyes repo automatically, so that they are
always in sync.

Does that make sense?