Re: [alpine-devel] Bug on mkimage.sh logic.

From: Tuan Hoang <tmhoang_at_linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 15:42:36 +0100

Hi,

mkimage.sh should be running on the host of the same architecture as the target. (i.e. creating images for arm on arm machines).
Since x86_64 and aarch64 have different signing keys respectively, UNTRUSTED signature is error expected.

You could use qemu (emulation mode on x86) to run Alpine aarch64 to build aarch64 image though.

There was somebody mentioned using Docker multi-arch support feature to build aarch64 images on x86 host but I didn't remember exactly.

Cheers,