Re: [alpine-devel] Normalizing Python packages in aports

From: Drew DeVault <sir_at_cmpwn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 11:29:40 -0400

[disclaimer: I work on a mailman competitor]

I'm not terribly fond of mailman v2 either, but also not of v1, and I
don't think that we should hold up Python 2 for its sake. You should
probably convince the upstream to migrate to Python 3 rather than try to
convince downstream to hold onto deprecated software.