Re: [alpine-devel] Extend APKBUILD format with a variable to check framework versions

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 10:31:23 +0100

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:47:00 +0000
Oliver Smith <ollieparanoid_at_bitmessage.ch> wrote:

> Hello again,

Hi!

Thank you for working on this.

> here is the script. I placed it in its own git repository, to add tests
> and a CI config in the same place, without cluttering Alpine's existing
> repositories. The script itself is less than 100 lines (with comments)
> and should basically work everywhere out of the box without installing
> anything.
>
> https://github.com/ollieparanoid/aports-relgroup-check/blob/master/relgroup-check.sh
>
> See the "tests" dir of the same repository for example output.
>
> My idea is, that this gets forked and maintained over at Alpine's github
> organization. Then aports.git (and postmarketOS' pmaports.git, and
> Adélie's repo) can download and run the script in their CI code.
>
> What do you think folks?

I looked at the script and tested it a bit. A few general comments:

- Would be nice to be able to specify APORTS dir as an arg, and if its
  omitted (and $APORTS is empty) then use current dir.

- I like that you use `find` to find the APKBUILDs

- I think we may need parse/execute the entire APKBUILD to get the
  relgroup, so that things like relgroup=qt${pkgver%%.*} works.

- the script is a bit slow. Probably because there are forks for each
  APKBUILD.

Sounds like a good idea to keep it in the alpinelinux' org. I don't
know if we want keep it on git.alpinelinux.org? What does infra team
think?