Re: [alpine-devel] Normalizing Python packages in aports

From: Drew DeVault <sir_at_cmpwn.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 18:31:46 -0400

Thanks for explaining. FWIW I'm in favor of strict POSIX compatibility.
I use subshells to good effect to work around the lack of local:

_python() (
        python="$1" # does not affect caller's environment
)

In this case, because it also sets the pkgdesc et al (e.g. *wants* to
affect the caller's environment), some additional finesee is required.