[alpine-devel] it's been nice, but i'm out

From: William Pitcock <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 02:32:03 -0500

Hello,

Unfortunately, it's become abundantly clear to me that this isn't the
same project that I joined over a decade ago. Time and time again, I
have been reminded of this as of late, and while I don't want to
rehash old disagreements, I really can't do this any more.

Note that this constitutes an orphaning of all of my packages, as well
as alpine-specific tools that I am sole maintainer of. I will be
pushing a commit momentarily which reflects this.

While the interim project policy has done some good to help streamline
common issues with the project, I feel that the policy proposals to
replace the interim policy are flawed and serve as an effective
reversal of the open governance goals I had in mind while drafting the
interim policy. My only regret is that the project moves in the
direction of political correctness over software freedom, and
convenience over open governance.

I wish the rest of you the best, but I can't keep doing this.

- kaniini