[alpine-devel] it's been nice, but i'm out

William Pitcock <nenolod@dereferenced.org>
<CA+T2pCHBdVfzSiPVipiatJ4E7vPvD03d3KDEysEeJDuP-FO_NA@mail.gmail.com>
Hello,

Unfortunately, it's become abundantly clear to me that this isn't the
same project that I joined over a decade ago.  Time and time again, I
have been reminded of this as of late, and while I don't want to
rehash old disagreements, I really can't do this any more.

Note that this constitutes an orphaning of all of my packages, as well
as alpine-specific tools that I am sole maintainer of.  I will be
pushing a commit momentarily which reflects this.

While the interim project policy has done some good to help streamline
common issues with the project, I feel that the policy proposals to
replace the interim policy are flawed and serve as an effective
reversal of the open governance goals I had in mind while drafting the
interim policy.  My only regret is that the project moves in the
direction of political correctness over software freedom, and
convenience over open governance.

I wish the rest of you the best, but I can't keep doing this.

- kaniini

<20190327144153.02f51e2e@ncopa-macbook.copa.dup.pw>
In-Reply-To
<CA+T2pCHBdVfzSiPVipiatJ4E7vPvD03d3KDEysEeJDuP-FO_NA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi!

I want to thank you for the time you have been on the project. I
appreciate all you have done to help keep the project going and for
helping us push the project in a good direction.

Best wishes!

-nc