Re: [alpine-devel] Issue with abuild on aports github build

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:01:21 +0100

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 20:05:01 -0300
Timothy Legge <timlegge_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi

Hi!

> I pushed a pull request https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/6851 for
> perlmagic. The build works on my development box if I use abuild from the
> current https://github.com/alpinelinux/abuild master.
>
> If I use the version of abuild included on 3.8.4 I it fails with

This is a check that there should be no references to /home in the
binaries. Binaries should not be told to look for shared libs in any
place under /home.

What probably happened here is that build script will set RPATH to look
for shared libs in the build tree, most likely to be able to run test
suite or similar.

My guess is that this does not happen on your local machine because you
don't run your build from /home.

You can find the offending binaries with: scanelf --recursive --rpath $pkgdir

As a side note, I think we may need extend the test to also look
for /tmp and /var/tmp or any place that users may have write access too.