Re: [alpine-devel] RFC: Project goals and guiding principles

From: Francesco Colista <fcolista_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 14:27:20 +0000

ACK .: Francesco Colista March 29, 2019 9:40 AM, "Natanael Copa" <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote: > Hi! > > We would like to revise and formalize how we are organized. The current > way we are written in those two emails: > > https://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/6024.html > https://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/6025.html > > Before we start discuss specific rules I would like to get some sort of > consensus of the bigger picture, the project goals and guiding > principles. Since this affects everyone involved in the project I > invite everyone to comment. > > Even short responses with "ACK" is helpful. > > This is the current proposal: > > == Project Goals > - To build and maintain an independent, non-commercial, general purpose > Linux distribution designed for power users who appreciate security, > simplicity and resource efficiency. > - To maintain a friendly and productive community within. > > === Guiding Principles > - Build a community based on mutual trust, responsibility, and respect > - Prevent and respond to abuses of power without disrupting the project > - Empower motivated people to effect change and progress > - Do the right thing over doing the written thing > > Thanks! > > -nc > > --- > Unsubscribe: alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org > Help: alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org > ---