Re: [alpine-devel] Should we drop armhf (armv6) support with 3.10 release?

From: Francesco Colista <fcolista_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 18:42:58 +0000

April 4, 2019 7:02 PM, "Oliver Smith" <ollieparanoid_at_bitmessage.ch> wrote: > I would strongly prefer if we don't drop armhf on such short notice. As > you know, postmarketOS uses Alpine's repositories (with some extra > packages on top). We have device specific packages for each phone / > other target device, and right now there are only 16 armv7 devices > compared to 80 armhf devices. > If we have to drop armhf any time soon (which is understandable > considering the resources you have mentioned), then I would suggest to > do it in 3.11 and explicitly mention it in the 3.10 release notes. > +1 .: Francesco Colista .: Alpine Linux Core Dev Team