Re: [alpine-devel] Some questions about initramfs-init.

From: Tuan Hoang <tmhoang_at_linux.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 15:16:00 +0200

>>> 2. Why networking is after nlplug-findfs? Can I bring up network (if
>>> needed) before nlplug-findfs?
>>
>> nlplug-findfs also serves as coldplug, and enumerates all the current
>> devices so all kernel modules gets loaded. Without this there is no
>> guarantee that the network driver is automatically detected and loaded.
> I see.

There are cases where I have nasty hack that I put 'nlplug-findfs -p
/sbin/mdev' (no root dir) before configure_ip and it kind of works. I
couldn't speak for normal/mainstream installation though because it
might break people's stuffs.

I think Alpine scripts in general is very friendly and flexible to hack
to match your needs. If it turns out that people x and/or group y also
need your hack, then a PR is very welcomed and necessary.

Cheers,