Re: [alpine-devel] [RFC] New Governance Model

From: Chloe Kudryavtsev <toast_at_toastin.space>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 09:51:41 -0400

On 4/9/19 5:54 AM, Kaarle Ritvanen wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, Chloe Kudryavtsev wrote:
>
>> 3. Admins & Voting
>> Admins of a team represent that team within the greater project.
>> A team must always have at least one admin, and at most 3.
>> Voting may either happen between admins (requirement: 2/3 majority) or through
>> Base.
>> Base may decide on an outcome outright, hold a popular vote, or refuse to
>> handle the matter.
>> Base elections *must* be done through popular vote.
>
> Who is allowed to participate in a popular vote? Anyone who has an e-mail
> address? How is it ensured that nobody casts multiple votes e.g. using
> false identities?

By default, votes are held between admins.
"Popular" (or Project-Wide) votes are held between all members (clearly
defined lits, after bootstrapping is complete).
In the latter case, the Base team ensures everything is done cleanly.
In the bootstrapping process, the person we select to handle the
elections will do that (one-time job, though much more complicated than
it will be afterwards).