Re: [alpine-devel] RFC: Project goals and guiding principles

From: Richard Mortier <mort_at_cantab.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 16:37:43 +0100

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 19:24, Chloe Kudryavtsev <toast_at_toastin.space> wrote:

> The intention (slightly longer) is documented above, so let's discuss
> the intent, and if anyone comes up with better wording, it can be
> substituted in.

Observing subsequent discussion over the wording of this point, I
wonder whether the prior bullets (particularly the one just above,
"Empower motivated people ...") already captures that intent?

On the basis that, if the written thing is not the right thing then it
probably ought to be rewritten, and that if the other principles are
being adhered to then people in the community will be doing the right
things anyway, whatever is written.

(But I think this is definitely tweaking details -- based on the
explanations given I'm not against the last bullet, just not sure it's
strictly necessary :)

> How about the following?:
> > - - To maintain a friendly and productive community within.
> > + - To build a friendly, productive and sustainable community that
> does not depend on any singular entity.

I think adding something explicit about sustainability, meaning
avoiding dependence on too small a set of people, seems sensible.

--
Richard Mortier
mort_at_cantab.net