Re: [alpine-devel] Stripping down the governance model proposal

From: Chloe Kudryavtsev <toast_at_toastin.space>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 11:13:53 -0400

On 4/19/2019 3:46 AM, Consus wrote:
> I don't have a say on this topic, but there is a possibility that no one
> followed it because there is no real need in at this moment.

Most members (and contributors) I've spoken to all agree that there are
some significant problems that need addressing.
These problems aren't really new either (see above in the thread - the
bullet point list is actually something that was worked on and agreed by
multiple people).

One way of potentially seeing it is that the interim policy did not do
enough to actually solve the problems, and thus it wasn't followed.
However, this seems unlikely to me.
The policy was effectively posted "as-is" to the ML by a developer (who
has now left), and there didn't seem to have been much discussion on it.
Further, being only present on the ML, it ended up being buried under,
well, everything else, and hard to even know about for new contributors.

I'm trying to avoid both of these by inviting literally anyone with
something to say about it to have their say, and by (once ratified)
having a living document in docs.a.o (currently beta.docs.a.o) that
keeps it in an easily accessible place.

In short, "there is no real need in[sic] at this moment" doesn't really
seem accurate to me.