[alpine-devel] tcsh: upgrade and fixes

Milan P. Stanić <mps@arvanta.net>
<20190423110942.GA24768@arya.arvanta.net>
Hi Dan,

[ Cc-ed to alpine-devel@lists.alpinelinux.org ]

I'm writing to you because your mail address is listed in 'Maintainer'
field for package community/tcsh in Alpine Linux aports.

I prepared patches with fixes which are in development version on
https://github.com/tcsh-org/tcsh

Also, I added system default config files which should be in /etc
directory and symlinks for 'csh' executable and configs.

I built it with these patches and using it on my machines.

I'm asking you do you have any objection if I send these patches to
Alpine aports, and do you have intention to maintain tcsh in Alpine.

--
Regards

[alpine-devel] Re: tcsh: upgrade and fixes

Dan Theisen <djt@hxx.in>
<815f6478-5c7f-32ce-23b8-baf83c26cc8a@hxx.in>
In-Reply-To
<20190423110942.GA24768@arya.arvanta.net> (view parent)
On 4/23/2019 4:09 AM, Milan P. Stanić wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> [ Cc-ed to alpine-devel@lists.alpinelinux.org ]
>
> I'm writing to you because your mail address is listed in 'Maintainer'
> field for package community/tcsh in Alpine Linux aports.
>
> I prepared patches with fixes which are in development version on
> https://github.com/tcsh-org/tcsh
>
> Also, I added system default config files which should be in /etc
> directory and symlinks for 'csh' executable and configs.
>
> I built it with these patches and using it on my machines.
>
> I'm asking you do you have any objection if I send these patches to
> Alpine aports, and do you have intention to maintain tcsh in Alpine.

Hello Milan,

I'm not actually sure which patches you're referring to; I don't see a
development branch in tcsh's Github repository via the link you
provided. Either way, I don't have any objections to you sending your
patches in to Alpine. I also don't have any objections to you or someone
else taking over maintainership of the tcsh package.

Please keep in mind that apktools doesn't really have an 'alternatives'
system, so if you make a 'csh' symlink and another package also provides
'csh' in /usr/bin, the two packages will conflict.

Feel free to loop me in on the code review, or if you want, you can just
send the patches to me and I can handle getting them reviewed and merged.

--
Dan Theisen