Re: [alpine-devel] How to make edge package available in 3.8 branch

From: Tuan Hoang <tmhoang_at_linux.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 18:10:08 +0200

Hi Carlos,

Packages in testing repository should be considered moving to community
if it shows a good track of stability or required by a community package
(having an active maintainer, not breaking builds frequently, etc.) in
the next stable release, which is 3.10 at the moment. I have not seen
Alpine backports from testing to older stable releases but obviously
Alpine dev team would have better answer.

The process is as simple as asking on #alpine-linux or #alpine-devel on
Freenode or open a pull request on github or send a patch to
patchwork.alpinelinux.org.

Good luck,
Tuan