Mail archive
alpine-infra

Re: Securepass integration for Alpine Linux

From: Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 07:51:16 -0500

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 7:19 AM, Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 06:54:23 -0500
> Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Natanael,
>>
>> If all we're going to be using it for is SSO, then I'd prefer to keep
>> that type of infra in-house (my 2cents).
>
> +1
>
> I still ask since this might be a "lazy" way out of it and might give
> us some marketing

I think doing it properly would be nice. Also, we seem to be getting
a fair amount of marketing right now, not sure we need much more...
don't want to stretch too thin too fast, but maybe I'm over-worrying
that.

>> I've got a setup for ldap
>> figured out now with openldap + phpldapadmin that'll run on one box,
>> but just need to polish it a bit before deploying to a primary and
>> backup a.o server.  We could then use that for SSO for a.o services.
>
> great!
>
> I'm mostly worried about a polished user account creation and password
> reset mechanism.

Re: simple/polished account creation: agreed. I haven't tested
password reset yet, but will do so before rolling anything out.

--
Jeff