Mail archive
alpine-infra

Re: Bugs.a.o

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 14:02:48 +0100

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 01:34:30 +0100
Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Im not able to bring it back online. I'm trying with ubuntu and start
> the db (same version) but mysql crashes again.
>
> If somebody else wants to take a look? im going to bed.

Me and clandmeter got bugs.a.o back online.

Here is what i did:

* copied /var/lib/mysql to /var/lib/mysql.try1 in case someone had made
  parital progress.

* remove /var/lib/mysql and copied over /var/lib/mysql.bak
to /var/lib/mysql (this i did various times)

* tried to start with different innodb_force_recovery settings
  in /etc/mysql/my.cnf

* tried to remove parts of /var/lib/mysql/* dirs to try to disable
  single databases (in case it was only one database was broke)

Nothing worked.

Then i saw that disk usage was 97%. I increased the /vservers partition
from 60G to 70G (thanks to who ever set up the LVM!) and resizefs'ed it.

I removed my mysql.try1 and the ubuntu vserver /var/lib/mysql to free
up some space.

After that the database started up with innodb_force_recovery=6 and
clandmeter was able to mysqldump out the alpine-bugs database.

From there clandmeter took over. I think he restored the alpine-bugs
some other place and pointed redmine to there.

-nc
Received on Wed Jan 11 2012 - 14:02:48 GMT