Mail archive
alpine-infra

nl.alpinelinux.org hardware migration

From: Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 16:12:52 +0100

Dear infra,

I have been working on getting a new server ready for nl.alpinelinux.org.
This new server will take over the current one which has the following
servers:

www.alpinelinux.org
rsync.alpinelinux.org
nl.alpinelinux.org
bugs.alpinelinux.org

This new server has an Intel i7 with 16GB of RAM and has 1.8Tb of storage
in RAID 10.
The server is running latest Alpine v2.5 with KVM managed by libvirt.
I took the oppertunity to upgrade Redmine on bugs.alpinelinux.org to
laterst 2.1.2.
Next week I would like to finalize the move and run some small tests. I
would need somebody from infra team to change the TTL for above hosts, so
we can successfully migrate next week.
I think a TTL of 3600 should be ok for now. We can change it again later
next week.

-carlo