Mail archive
alpine-infra

CI for ppc64le

From: Roberto Oliveira <rdutra_at_linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 19:16:40 -0200

Hi,

As Natanel said in alpine-devel list the CI for ppc64le is not far to be
finished. I have a Jenkins[1] setup in a VM running Alpine and configured 2 jobs.

The "aports-PR" job builds the Pull Requests opened in Github (it is currently
building from my Github) in a docker container. The Alpine ppc64le image used in
the docker container is built by "alpine-image" job.

The plugin that Jenkins uses to listen Github PR's needs a Github user
configured (user name and password), so I think we could create a dedicated user
for that. This user needs to be added as a "Collaborator" in Aports project to
be able to write the build status. This is the only part missing to put the CI
for ppc64le into production.

For curiosity, how Travis deal with that? Does it uses a dedicated user? As
Jirutka setup the CI for x86_64, maybe he knows how it works.

Regards,
Roberto Oliveira

--
[1] http://177.220.10.151:8080