Mail archive
alpine-infra

Re: ppc64le failed to reboot

From: Breno Leitao <brenohl_at_br.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 09:36:19 -0300

hi Natanael,

On 02/23/2018 08:29 AM, Natanael Copa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to reboot the ppc64le.alpinelinux.org machine because it was
> not very responsive. It took 1253 seconds to shut it down (til ping
> stopped respond), but it never came back again.

Yes, that is weird. I am not even able to access the IPMI for this machine.

> Can you help me have a look what went wrong?

As I cannot access the console, it is hard to understand what is going one,
we will need to restart it and see if we can recover any log. :-|

> If you cannot do it today, then maybe on monday?

Fortunately Rafael is in the lab, and he is restarting the machine. Let's try
to get it online as soon as possible.