Mail archive

Re: ppc64le failed to reboot

From: Mike Sullivan <>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 07:34:56 -0600

Was there any load on the machine over the weekend? or does the problem
appear even when idle?

Mike Sullivan
Linux Performance
Linux Technology Center - IBM Corporation
(512)286-9416, email:

From: Breno Leitao <>
To: William Pitcock <>
Cc: Natanael Copa <>,, Rafael Sene <>, Mike
Date: 02/26/2018 06:38 AM
Subject: Re: ppc64le failed to reboot

Just an update on this topic

On 02/23/2018 12:26 PM, Breno Leitao wrote:
> We should be able to upgrade the firmware next week, so, we will need to
> the machine and do the upgrade.

I am checking the machine and it didn't hit the problem during this
so, the problem does not seem to be very frequently, and I want to wait a
more to see if the problem will show up again.

Depending on the problem appearnce, Guilherme and I will be upgrading the
machine firmware next Thursday in the morning.