Re: [alpine-user] updating alpinelinux only gives number of packages?

From: Rene Rasmussen <alpine_at_paranoidix.dk>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 17:08:51 +0100

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 09:03:29 +0000 (UTC)
ScrumpyJack <scrumpyjack_at_me.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Feb 2015, Rene Rasmussen wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to update an installation of alpine that I have in
> > a virtual machine.
> > I run "apk update" and "apk upgrade", but all it does is show me:
> > "OK: 301 MB in 87 packages"
>
> Check that you have the version you want to upgrade to in
> /etc/apk/repositories
>
> Some additional information here
> http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Upgrading_Alpine

Thanks for the tip. However I think I am misunderstanding the inner
workings of alpine linux.
I use arch linux on my main computer. My understanding was that alpine
would be working in a similar way. e.g. running the update and upgrade
commands would make me use the latest version?

I checked /etc/apk/repositories and it has an url that contains:
/alpine/v3.0/main

Would I need to change that url to update the system?

Best regards,
Rene