[alpine-user] Samba: Winbindd

From: Viktor Trojanovic <viktor_at_troja.ch>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 17:51:06 +0100

Hi all,

According to the Samba Wiki, "Winbindd is automatically started as a
child process by the Samba binary on startup and should not be started
manually".

On my Alpine System with Samba 4.2.1 packages, this is not the case.
Samba is in my default runlevel but it doesn't start winbindd. There
also is no init script for winbindd, I have to start it manually.

I was wondering if this is some problem on my system specifically or if
there is a mistake in the package.

Cheers,
Viktor