[alpine-user] Hard/Software compatibility + Free Software Agreement

From: MG <m.g_at_openmailbox.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 12:38:21 +0100

Dear Alpine Linux,

I'm very tempted to use your OS. Before starting, as I'm not an
experienced user, may I kindly ask you some help on those questions:

- Is your OS compatible with a laptop LENOVO THINKPAD R400
(64bits, Type: 7443)?
(http://www.cnet.com/products/lenovo-thinkpad-r400-7443/specs/)

- If not, what parts should be changed?

- Can I install your OS from Libreboot (free BIOS)?
(http://www.libreboot.org/)

- Do you plan to get the agreement of the Free Software Foundation for
your OS? (https://www.fsf.org)

- As your OS seems independant, is it compatible with other common
softwares? Firefox, Tor, Skype, Tox, LibreOffice, Enigmail, KeepassX,...

I already thank you for your consideration and wish you all the best!

- M.G