Mail archive

[alpine-user] 3.3.0, 3.3.1 attempts to upgrade, install fail

From: Donald Allen <>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 14:46:17 -0500

I had two machines running 3.2.3 and attempted to upgrade one
yesterday to 3.3.0 (I did as instructed in section 1.2 on this page: Upon rebooting,
there was chatter about udev being unable to start. The system was

Today, I tried upgrading another machine to 3.3.1. This one resulted
in chatter about failing to start modloop. The system did come up and
I brought up X, but mouse and keyboard did not work. So I installed
3.3.1 from scratch. Same thing -- input devices do not work.

First machine was a Thinkpad X11. Second machine was a home-brew
desktop machine, built on an Asus motherboard, AMD processor. 3.2.3
ran fine on this machine.

I'm going to have to install something else on these machines.