Re: [alpine-user] How do I add openssh to the packages that are loaded at boot time?

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen_at_sdaoden.eu>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 12:46:45 +0200

Cág <caoc_at_riseup.net> wrote:
 |Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> (And i'm happy i haven't fiddle around too much with that stuff,
 |> i for one really don't like it. I for one am much in favour of
 |> the traditional BSD-style of system startup, or for the Runit
 |> stuff otherwise. But also happy Alpine doesn't use systemd.)
 |
 |OpenRC is pretty straightforward to me, probably even more than
 |sysvinit that I used to use.

Yep, don't listen, it is only my personal taste. I just wondered
some months ago that such a seen-by-many-eyes codebase like OpenRC
that was in use by the major distributions (and their money, and
their development power) was not capable to properly restart the
complete dependeny tree when one of the programs of that failed to
restart -- after being capable of properly stopping that same
tree. Not that i really care, i started them manually, i just
wondered back then. And if so, why not simple and central like
FreeBSD (in practice i have almost the same FreeBSD configuration
since 4.7, it still works) or lean and pragmatic, like runit.
My thinking back then. But i never tinkered with the problems
involved in this area, so...

--steffen