Re: [alpine-user] How do I add openssh to the packages that are loaded at boot time?

From: Cág <caoc_at_riseup.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 19:23:11 +0100

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:

> Yep, don't listen, it is only my personal taste. I just wondered
> some months ago that such a seen-by-many-eyes codebase like OpenRC
> that was in use by the major distributions (and their money, and
> their development power) was not capable to properly restart the
> complete dependeny tree when one of the programs of that failed to
> restart -- after being capable of properly stopping that same
> tree. Not that i really care, i started them manually, i just
> wondered back then. And if so, why not simple and central like
> FreeBSD (in practice i have almost the same FreeBSD configuration
> since 4.7, it still works) or lean and pragmatic, like runit.
> My thinking back then. But i never tinkered with the problems
> involved in this area, so...

Not a big deal. Many people here see BSDs as superior to Linux
in some parts. Alpine, as you see, has minimal amount of GNU
components (GCC and make, though I suppose the latter will be replaced
one day with NetBSD's bmake). I use a shell from MirBSD (mksh),
vi from BSD's (nvi), count here also mandoc from OpenBSD.

Cheers,
Cág