Re: [alpine-user] How do I add openssh to the packages that are loaded at boot time?

From: Cág <caoc_at_riseup.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 17:45:18 +0100

Harald Arnesen wrote:

> So why do you use Linus, not one of the *BSDs instead?

Good question. I actually use it occasionally but prefer Linux for a
number of reasons.

1) File systems. The most popular choice, ext4, is better in both speed
and
features than UFS. And there is diversity of file systems in Linux.
2) Package management. apk is very simple yet powerful. This should be
one of the
reasons why I use Alpine actually. Coming from dpkg- or rpm-based, where
package
making is painful, you would see the difference.
3) Flexibility. It's very easy to rebuild almost an entire system,
replace
the userland and the kernel. In BSDs you probably aren't supposed to
replace
your userland. In NetBSD the base install doesn't come as packages.
4) Because I am more familiar with Linux overall and the kernel in
particular.
Comfort zone, if you want.
5) Hardware support. A couple of years ago I tried to install OpenBSD on
my
then one year old machine and found out that my wireless card wasn't
supported
and the driver would be written a year after.

Cág