[alpine-user] Setting up connman

From: Jens Staal <staal1978_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 06:51:58 +0100

Hi

I have been trying to use connman as an alternative to the "networking"
service. I run Alpine on a laptop, which means that I often have very
different connections.

I could not get it working by just replacing "networking" with "connman"
during boot (connmanctl could not activate wifi). Do I need to
change/remove the wpa_supplicatnt configuration file?

There were no good instuctions anywhere (not even the Arch wiki was that
informative) as far as I could see...

As an alternative - is there a way to easily change wifi network using
wpa_supplicant (the gui did not work for me) and is there a way to make
the networking startup conditional so that it does not look for eth0 if
wifi is already established and that it does not look for wifi if there
is a cable attached to eth0?

Right now about 50% of the boot time is due to network lookup.