[alpine-user] How to find out whether an Alpine installation has pending security updates

From: Nils Toedtmann <nils.toedtmann_at_demandlogic.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 17:26:37 +0000

Hi *

How can I find out (in a shell/scriptable) whether there are security
updates pending for an Alpine host/container?

I am looking for the Alpine equivalent to e.g. Ubuntu's
update-notifier-common:

    /usr/lib/update-notifier/apt-check 2>&1 | cut -d ';' -f 2

Does Alpine actually distinguish between security and non-security updates?

Are security advisories/notices for Alpine published? The RedMine Atom
feed is already helpful, but I am after something more simple, that
basically says

   "If you run openssh on Alpine 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4, upgrade it to >= 7.4"

Kind regards /nils

--
Nils Toedtmann, Systems Architect & Director
nils.toedtmann_at_demandlogic.co.uk