[alpine-user] Firefox and PulseAudio dependency

From: Cág <ca6c_at_bitmessage.ch>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 09:55:32 +0000

Hi all,

I recently read that Firefox 52 stopped supporting ALSA backend[0].
For now, we have "oldstable" 45 ESR (EOL in June) and 51 that is
no longer supported. What are the plans for it? I suppose most
people here don't use PA, and don't want to. Will PaleMoon[1] make
its way to the repos? PaleMoon is basically Firefox 20-something,
forked and fixed.

Thanks

[0]:http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/03/firefox-52-no-sound-pulseaudio-alsa-linux
[1]:http://www.palemoon.org/