Re: [alpine-user] MELTDOWN + SPECTRE

From: <admin_at_extremeshok.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 01:51:09 +0200

The patch against Meltdown is kernel only. Docker containers run within the kernel of the host system. This means the resistance against Meltdown depends on the host kernel only. In other words: you don't need patches against Meltdown in the docker image and you cannot patch against Meltdown in the docker image.