Re: [alpine-user] Trying to get Wireguard to work

From: Andrew Stuart <andrew.stuart_at_supercoders.com.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 10:03:25 +1100

>>> You need a running kernel from edge.

I’m a noob with Alpine. Can you point me in the right direction of how to do that? I am currently using a kernel and initramfs from ISO on the Alpine downloads page…. do you mean that these kernels not have the required drivers in them for wireguard?

I am booting Alpine in a run-from-ram configuration, loaded purely from the kernel and initramfs. I am guessing you are saying I need to install new kernel drivers…. does that work in a pure run from ram config?

>> The version of linux-vanilla and wireguard-vanilla must correspond.

How can I check that I am running corresponding versions?

thanks

Andrew