[alpine-user] How to automount a luks encrypted volume using keyfile on system start?

From: Dave Jones <s.dave.jones_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 17:17:59 +0800

Hi,

I followed the following steps to set up encrypted volumes with LUKS and it
works fine:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/LVM_on_LUKS

I'd like to use keyfile to automount a luks encrypted volume. I tried to
added the line "lvmcrypt /dev/vda2 /etc/mykeyfile luks" to /etc/crypttab,
then run "mkinitfs" to regenerate initramfs, but it doesn't work.
Still prompts for passphrase :( Anyone has idea to how to? Thanks.

Regards,
Dave