Re: [alpine-user] ECCN Request for Alpine Linux

From: William Pitcock <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 00:48:39 -0500

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 12:39 PM, Bill White <bwhite_at_sttas.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> We have a client who is seeking an ECCN (Export Control Classification
> Number) for Alpine Linux – are you able to provide this information, or
> provide us with the appropriate contact?

Please note that I am not your lawyer (or your client's lawyer), so
you should probably have your own lawyers check this advice before
using it.

In general, Alpine is covered under ECCN 5D002.
There is no CCATS number and the cryptographic software we
redistribute is covered under the TSU license exception.

Overall, if you want to be absolutely sure everything is fine, I would
suggest making an EAR notification for the specific product line which
makes use of Alpine (and the software it distributes).
For declaring the software manifest, the "apk info" command can be
used with remote repositories disabled.

Hopefully this information is helpful.

William