[alpine-user] AlpineLinux on Banana Pi?

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen_at_sdaoden.eu>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 20:57:23 +0200

Hello!

I want to buy an ARM system. It will be my first, which is
a pity: the German magazine c't had a wonderful article on ARM
i think somewhere around 2000,2001,2002 or whatever, but anyway
before Donald Knuth was celebrating his 64th birthday!
I have always been fascinated ever since. And became thrilled by
the RaspberryPi once it came up, because minimal energy usage, and
cheap. Blabla.. :p Never used anything but x86 before, except
for Commodore 64.

Anyway, two kits there are, one is Raspberry PI 3B+, the other is
a Banana Pi M2U. Since i want to use this as a regular desktop
and development system i was thinking of the latter, since it has
2 GB of memory, the former only 1 GB. I mean, Linux overcommits
memory and that works just fine, but the system is at limit with
a browser, anyway.

Thus my question: does anyone have experience with Banana Pi, does
it work with AlpineLinux? Will patches to enable zstd also there
be accepted? What about a browser. Etc. etc. :-))
What do you say? Anyone?

--steffen