[alpine-user] Custom partitioning - cannot get alpine to boot

From: Neoklis Kyriazis <nkcyham_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 10:27:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

I am trying to install alpine with a manual custom partitioning of the SSD on my laptop.
I did eventually succeeded with the installation but it will not boot. Installation was done
using "setup-disk /mnt" where the root partition (sda3) was mounted on /mnt and the
boot and home partitions (sda1 and sda4) where mounted on /mnt/boot and /mnt/home.
setup-disk left me with a message that I might need to "fix" the MBR in order to boot.
Looking into /boot and / I beleive the installation looks complete.

I have used "power user" distros before (gentoo, arch and now void linux) but I am not
powerful enough, apparently, to resolve this on my own! ;-)

So please suggest some tips for me to try. Alpine seems original and interesting to me,
since I also have a couple of ARM micros (BeagleBone Black and CHIP) and would like to
try installing alpine on them. BBB is currently my home web server running Arch Linux.

My thanks in advance.

Neoklis