Re: [alpine-user] How to label mails (the gmail way) ?

From: Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola_at_libero.it>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 15:57:39 +0200

I Franck,

franck.houssen_at_eolen.com wrote:
> How to label mails (the gmail way) ? Or "organize" mails in "folders"
> and "subfolders" ? Ideally, I want IMAP to apply changes on the server
> (if I move a M mail in a F folder from PC1, I would like to see M in F
> even if I need to use another PC, say PC2.

what do you refer to, sorry? configuration of an IMAP server? or client
program? e.g. are you using Thuderbird?
Is the issue specific to Alpine Linux?

IMAP supports folders and you can move messages between them and there
exist server-side commands that a mail user agent may support or not.

Riccardo