Re: [alpine-user] How to label mails (the gmail way) ?

From: Paul Zillmann <p.zillmann_at_h6g.de>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 13:06:03 +0200

Hello Franck

Am 23.05.2018 um 15:43 schrieb franck.houssen_at_eolen.com:
> Beginning a new job. I use the IMPA server of my company : it's a
> outlook web app where nothing works really !... :D So I took a chance
> to move to alpine.
> Can't really tell more as I am not expert in all this (IMAP/SMTP)...

You need to know what IMAP daemon you use. Is it Dovecot or Cyrus or
Curier etc. pp.
> OK. If I got you well, it seems the behavior I am looking for is more
> a IMAP server thing, not an alpine problem (my mistake - I believed it
> was).
>
> Alpine can not create folders at IMAP server side and can't move mails
> from/to IMAP server folders: correct ?
You can do that on every Linux if you configured the mailbox format to
be "Maildir" -> every mail is a file on the filesystem
Configuring a mailsystem for internet usage requires some knowledge
about DNS, DKIM signing etc.
I don't recommend you to run such a system (for a company) with your
knowledge base.

You may take a look at Mailcow[1] - this is a finished configured
mailsystem.

1: https://github.com/mailcow/mailcow-dockerized

Paul