Re: [alpine-user] How do I creating a binary only package?

From: Dan Cook <onedsc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 21:28:20 -0700

Thanks Paul. I will try it. I have a question regarding the directory
structure. I am familiar with rpm and deb packaging where the directory
structure is exactly as that on install target machine (the one installing
the pkg). When you say the package function copies to the final
destination - which final destination - the destination from the packaging
perspective or the install. I assume it is the package.
So for example, say I have an app called foo with the following directory
layout on the disk (after install):
  /etc/init.d/foo
  /opt/foo/bin/say_hi
  /opt/foo/etc/hello_msgs.db

After I compile my code the binaries and data directory tree is mirrored
under: /home/dan/projects/foo/dist (very similar to rpm/deb pkg format)
So just for completeness:
   /home/dan/projects/foo/dist/etc/init.d/foo
   /home/dan/projects/foo/dist/opt/foo/bin/say_hi
   /home/dan/projects/foo/dist/opt/foo/etc/hello_msgs.db

From the examples I have seen I would create a directory called pkg under
the /home/dan/projects/foo directory and add the following files:
  APKBUILD
  foo.XXXX scripts (like pre, post, etc).

What I am stuck on is the contents of the APKBUILD.

Let me try this very simple application and see if I can get a installable
pkg. Any hints/tips would be helpful.

Thanks,
Dan