Re: [alpine-user] Good to find you

From: Fungi4All <fungilife_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 15:38:17 -0400

On June 27, 2018 8:48 PM, Cág <ca6c_at_bitmessage.ch> wrote:

> Fungi4All wrote:
>
> > One pkg that is acting weird is Gparted, it lists partitions but no
> >
> > sizes and use, So I am wondering whether their some module missing
> >
> > that provides this info for it. It is a luxury but a good one, so you
> >
> > can resize a partition (shrink) and make an image out of it with dd
> >
> > for backup.
>
> 1. It does here. If it doesn't, then probably you need that filesystem
>
> support. For example, UFS partitions, for which I remove support, are
>
> shown in black.

No I am talking about ext4 only partitions. It did it on VBox and it did the
same on hard install. I can't believe it doesn't have ext2,3,4 as it wouldn't
be able to format and create partitions.

> 2. Use fdisk instead.

The reason that I did notice this was that I used setup-gparted-desktop
so I can get an easy openbox installation and gparted auto-started on it
in a non openbox kind of way ~/.config/openbox/autostart (blank)

> > As long as I don't find traces of systemd in my way I am happy :)
>
> systemd only supports glibc, and both are against Alpine philosophy.

I didn't know this little detail, that is good to know. So any musl based
system is effectively blocking systemd from being installed! Hmmm...!!

> P.S. Cut your lines please.

will do from now on