Re: [alpine-user] Cannot boot Alpine from USB stick

From: Nick <nick.ka_at_mail.ru>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 20:48:38 +0300

So I have eventually found a solution with some help on IRC...

The problem is that the doc on site is incorrect and misleading. DD-ing
doesn't work because the iso proviced for download is not a hybrid one.
I had to follow that steps to boot:
1. Installed unetbootin (etcher will do, too, but the following steps
may differ)
2. umounted the USB stick
3. Reparition the USB stick to have msdos MBR and one FAT32 partition
then formatted it with mkfs.vfat
4. mounted it again.
5. Made a bootable USB stick with unetbootin.
6. Success!

That's a pity that the very first acquaintance with the Alpine linux
started for me with incorrect and misleading docs and necessity to
literary cry for help on IRC. Thank you Xe for help!
Hope I'll be able to proceed further without such troubles...

BR,
Nick