[alpine-user] Re: USB Permissions

From: Gareth Williams <gareth_at_garethwilliams.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 06:38:53 +0100

To answer my own question and hopefully save someone else asking it:

The driver can't read /sys/bus and sub-directories because I had a
hardened kernel installed and these kernels have the
CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_SYSFS_RESTRICT config option enabled which disables
read access to the whole /sys tree.  Changing the kernel to
linux-vanilla fixed it.

Kind regards,

Gareth