[alpine-user] virtualbox installation not persistent after alpine-setup

From: Alexander Abramidis <a.abramidis_at_metamatix.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 22:45:37 +0200

Hi there,

I have installed Alpine in Oracle Virtualbox. After that I have run
setup-alpine and entered the following values (among others):
sda; sys;
So partitions are created.

Then I entered "reboot", but all my settings got lost, also root forgot my
provided password. I expected Alpine to save all my settings, but it did
not.
I found the tool "lbu", but there the manual says:
"All your modifications have already been directly written to your HDD."

So what's wrong with it?